Our Favorite Local Events
There are so many events in our slice of paradise, that it’s hard to keep track! We don’t want you to miss them, so we thought we’d share our favorites with you. New events are added on a regular basis, so check this page often. Let us know if you don’t see your event, we’ll add it!
- December 15 – An evening with Santa on Dearborn Street from 5pm-7pm. Raffles, holiday themed movie and more. Bring your camera for photo opportunities and bring your own chairs as well.
- December 16 – Winter Candy Land at Forrest Nelson Library. Stop by between the hours of 1030am- 12:30pm to enjoy games and crafts. For more information call 941.613.3170.
- December 16 – Winder Wonderland at Tringali Park Community Center. Join for some holiday fun including crafts, lights, music and visiting Santa – make sure to bring your camera’s!
- December 16 & 17 – Arts & Crafts show at the Elks Lodge. Crafters, artists, good food and lots of fun! FREE ADMISSION. 401 N. Indian Avenue, Englewood. Saturday hours are 10-5pm while Sunday’s hours are 10-4pm.
- January 20 – Pridefest will be held from noon – 6pm at Laishley Park in Punta Gorda. Live entertainment, food, drinks, & performers. Bring your own chair’s but no coolers are allowed, donations will be accepted.
- January 23 – The Rotonda Elkettes will be hosting a fashion show and luncheon from 11am-2pm. Chinese & Silent auction and proceeds to benefit the Lemon Bay Scholarship fund. Tickets are $15 and you can call 941.697.2710 for more information.