Our Favorite Local Events
There are so many events in our slice of paradise, that it’s hard to keep track! We don’t want you to miss them, so we thought we’d share our favorites with you. New events are added on a regular basis, so check this page often. Let us know if you don’t see your event, we’ll add it!
- July 14 – The 2018 Englewood YMCA Sprint Triathlon will be held at 7am. Swim 400 meters, bike 13 miles and run 3.2 miles. The start point will be Englewood Beach, Chadwick Park, Shelter 3. Packet pickup and pre-race pasta dinner will be Friday, July 13 at 4pm at Farlow’s on the Water, 2030 S. McCall Rd. Register online at www.active.com or stop by the YMCA, 701 Medical Blvd. Questions? Call Mike Schyck at 475•1234, ext. 226.
- July 14 – International Culture Fest held at Fishermen’s Village in Punta Gorda from 10am-4pm. Enjoy an afternoon of folkloric dances, ethnic music, visual art from around the globe and vendors representing many different cultures.
- July 20 – It’s Sea Turtle Nesting Season – now is your chance to come learn everything there is to know about these beautiful creatures. Must RSVP! Click Here to Sign-Up! 4-5pm at Stump Pass State Park. There is no fee for this program, however, it is facilitated by Barrier Island Parks Society (501c3 non-profit) in partnership with Florida Park Service, and all donations are greatly appreciated to further enhance our educational programs!
- July 20 – Vision Screening for Kids – The Englewood Lions Club is offering free Vision Screenings for children as young as 6 months old. The Vision Screening utilizes electronic handheld camera equipment, and does not involve physical contact or eye drops. The Screenings are to identify vision issues such as astigmatism, farsightedness, nearsightedness, gaze asymmetry and unequal pupil sizes. Come to the Elsie Quirk Library, 100 W. Dearborn St. from 1-5pm. For more info, call the library at 861-1207.
- July 21 – Christmas in July on Venice Avenue. Come enjoy bargains, discounts, and ideas for the upcoming Holiday season. All shops will be open from 10-5pm. Come enjoy music and ride the Christmas Trolley.
- August 6th – Salty Paws’ Muttini Mingle at Fishermen’s Village! Come join us at 5:30 pm – 8pm in Center Court,
right next to the new Scotty’s Brewhouse! Don’t forget the furry friends! Participate in raffles and special discounts at the Salty Paws store. Socialize with other pet lovers and let your dog socialize as well. It will be a tail-wagging good time. Live music featuring Dr. Shoo Bop, Ken Feder. Please call Salty Paws Store if you have any questions. 1 800-443-PAWS.
- August 11 – “Women of Comedy” Night at Lemon Bay Playhouse. Tickets are $15 and available online at www.lemonbayplayhouse.com or at the box office at 96 W. Dearborn St. between 10am – 2pm weekdays or by phone at 475•6756.