Our Favorite Local Events
There are so many events in our slice of paradise, that it’s hard to keep track! We don’t want you to miss them, so we thought we’d share our favorites with you. New events are added on a regular basis, so check this page often. Let us know if you don’t see your event, we’ll add it!
- May 2nd – LBHS Band Spring Concert. The Lemon Bay High School Band is proud to present our 2019 Spring Concert! The concert will feature the Concert Band, Symphonic Winds, Percussion Ensemble, and Jazz Ensemble. Come out to see the culmination of a year of hard work by our very talented band students! Admission is $5.00 per person, and tickets can be purchased at the door.
- May 3-5th – Venice Seafood Festival held at Centennial Park. Join us for a weekend of delicious food and drinks, music and shopping at the 3rd Annual Venice Seafood & Music Festival. While there, be sure to visit the diverse array of shops and businesses that is downtown Venice! Festivities begin Friday evening 4pm – 10pm and continues Saturday 11am – 10pm and Sunday 11am – 6pm.
- May 4th – Englewood Market held at Englewood Event Center. Over 90 vendors, great food, drinks (soda, beer, wine), and lots of shopping. Free to the public from 9am-3pm.
- May 4th – Derby Day held at Branded Heart Stables from 4pm-9pm. The event is a fundraiser for Englewood Beach Waterfest to support their Englewood Beach WaterFest that is committed to boosting the local economy while generating and then donating all proceeds to deserving organizations that foster the conservation and protection of our coastal waterways and marine life and encourage the responsible and recreational use of our beaches and water resources. Tickets on sale now: https://englewoodbeachwaterfest.com/shop/derby-day-ticket/
- May 11 – “Queen for a Day” including flowers representing all of us here on earth and clouds representing those moms who have past. Door prizes, 50/50, most original costume contest and much more. Please come and dance in this special two hour Zumba class and show your love for mom and one another 🥰🌹.Doors open at 9:40 am. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 the day of the event.
- June 15 – Venice Craft Festival is a two day event, June 15 & 16, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. located on Miami Avenue.