Our Favorite Local Events
There are so many events in our slice of paradise, that it’s hard to keep track! We don’t want you to miss them, so we thought we’d share our favorites with you. New events are added on a regular basis, so check this page often. Let us know if you don’t see your event, we’ll add it!
- September 7 – 3rd Annual Wine & Swine, A Water Safety Fundraiser. Tickets are $75 per person (table of 8 is $500 or $62.50 each) and includes whole hog pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, ribs and all the fixins, plus soda, water, coffee & tea! Adult beverages are available – cash bar. Get your friends, family or business associates together and purchase a table of 8!! The goal; to purchase “Josh the Baby Otter” books to give to every Kindergarten and First Grade Student in the community!! (According to the CDC- drowning is the number 1 cause of unintentional deaths among children ages 1 to 4 years old!) Contact Traci Hamill for more information on tickets or tables at 941-307-0939.
- September 12- 26 – 5th Annual Restaurant Week Promotion, “Let’s Eat, Englewood!” An event where people will have the opportunity to experience a culinary adventure through our community without breaking the bank. Three-course dinners (& more) will be available for $25 and 2-course lunches for $13. https://www.englewoodchamber.com/lets-eat-englewood/restaurants.
- September 14 & 15 – 22nd Annual Punta Gorda Sullivan Street Craft Festival. Located at 331 Sullivan Street Punta Gorda. Located along the banks of the Peace River and the Gulf of Mexico in Southwest Florida sits the beautiful city of Punta Gorda, often described as the heartbeat of Charlotte County. You have not experienced a charming downtown location until you’ve visited this beautiful area on Florida’s West Coast, rich in history and charm. Come meet and visit with some of the nation’s best crafters while enjoying the charming streets of Punta Gorda.
- September 28 – 1st Sunrise Yard Sale at CoolToday Park. Starting at 7AM – 1st Sunrise Yard Sale at Cool Today Park. Another person’s trash is another person’s treasure! Come and find your treasure while enjoying food & beverage and live music. $5 a carload Live Music Food Drinks Cold Beer, Screwdrivers & Bloody Marys Tiki Bar opens at 11am Interested in being a vendor? $40 18’x18′ spaces (2 parking spaces) are on sale now! Vendors may utilize their space to sell hancrafted items, home goods, bulk items and more. Vendors may sell anything but any food, drinks or weapons. Stop by the Cool Today Park box office from 10am-4pm Monday- Friday to register or email Christina.Shaw@braves.com for more information.
- September 28 – International Coastal Cleanup at Englewood beach hosted by, Friends Of Stump Pass Beach State Park and Keeping Charlotte Beautiful. Please meet at Englewood Beach at the playground pavilion. 8am-11am. Supplies & cold water provided. Please bring a refillable water bottle to help reduce plastics use. Wear comfortable work clothes & closed-toed shoes. We suggest you bring hat, sunscreen, grabber, reusable work gloves (Dollar Tree), and sweat towel. Email FriendsofStumpPass@gmail.com for any questions.