Our Favorite Local Events
There are so many events in our slice of paradise, that it’s hard to keep track! We don’t want you to miss them, so we thought we’d share our favorites with you. New events are added on a regular basis, so check this page often. Let us know if you don’t see your event, we’ll add it!
- August 18 – The 62nd Annual Englewood Pioneer Days Little Miss Englewood Pageant. Lemon Bay High School Auditorium 2201 Placida Road with Registration beginning at 9am.
- August 24-25 – Tv star Christopher Titus will be performing at Visani’s located at 2400 Kings Highway in Port Charlotte. Call 941-629-9191 for further information.
- September 1 – Cruzin’ on Dearborn. Hundreds of cars and thousands of car lovers converge on Dearborn Street for this car show. Music to cruise by sponsored by O.E.V.A. Free Admission. 4:00pm-8:30pm.
- September 1 – Labor Day Bash held on Taylor Street in Punta Gorda. From 4:00pm-9:00pm. Live music and free admission.
- September 1 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. 10th Annual Downtown Venice Craft Festival returns to Florida’s west coast for a 2-day celebration of affordable art and unique crafts. Located in downtown Venice, this vibrant town on the Gulf of Mexico creates an ideal environment for a weekend craft show. Now is your chance to buy a wide variety of ceramics, jewelry, stained glass, metal works and much more. Our Green Market offers live flora, freshly popped kettle corn, gourmet spices, and sauces.
- September 14 – Comedy For A Cause held at the Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center. Enjoy a delicious dinner while local celeb’s entertain with improvisational antics. Tickers for the dinner & show are $85 or $25 for the show only. Visit, www.charlotteplayers.org.
- September 15 – 2018 Food Truck Battle from 11:00am-6:00pm at the Charlotte County Fairgrounds. Bring chairs, enjoy some delicious food and vote for your favorite food truck by purchasing raffle tickets. Parking is $5.